Alex Rodriguez is now ready to be back on the pitch after issuing an apology
On Tuesday, Alex Rodriguez issued a hand written apology expressing his remorse for using performance enhancing drugs that contributed to his suspension last year.
“I take full responsibility for the mistakes that led to my suspension for the 2014 season,” Rodriguez said.” I regret that my actions made the situation worse than it needed to be. To Major League Baseball, the Yankees, the Steinbrenner family, the Players Association and you, the fans, I can only say I’m sorry.”
He also addressed the broken trust of his fans. This is after he was featured constantly in the list of most hates sportsmen. “I accept the fact that many of you will not believe my apology or anything that I say at this point. I understand why and that’s on me,” Rodriguez said.
“I served the longest suspension in the history of the league for PED use,” the Yankee slugger said. “The Commissioner has said the matter is over. The Players Association has said the same. The Yankees have said the next step is to play baseball. I’m ready to put this chapter behind me and play some ball.”
Rodriguez had been offered the Yankees stadium to issue his apology but declined the offer. The Yankees owe him $61 million for the next three years of his contact. He has not made an appearance in any Yankees game since September, 2013 but he says he is looking forward for the training in spring.
"When I go to spring training, I will do everything I can to be the best player and teammate possible, earn a spot on the Yankees and help us win, he said.